28 Feb 2013

Run DMC Crew Neck | Shoes



I understand when you walk the streets, you can't be legit wearing all sorts of brands - you have to be mono from head to your toe. Nikes one day, Pumies the next - but straight up one branded at any one time. At least that's what I was told. If you're wearing a Nike tee, you gotta be wearing Nike kicks with it. I understand the logic - but I'm not fussed.

I don't like to mash up my brands too - but if its branded clothing and their logo happen to be quite miniscule, then I'd wear them with anything.




For Run DMC though, they can't be caught anywhere without their Adies draped over themselves. These boys are straight up adies from head to toe - this is probably where all the monowear originated from. They were offered a long term endorsement contract with the athletic brand after releasing a track titled "My Adidas". One of their gears that I totally love is that crew neck above. Here is my favourite girl wearing it with her MCM backpack (gah, that bag is everywhere!)


Below is an example of one of their shoes. In 2011 they released an 80's style adies shoes to celebrate their 25th anniversary. The 1986 is the year they released their album called Raising Hell which features their 'My adidas' track. It has a gold dookie chain to symbolize their love for gold chains.


I wouldn't wear these kicks but they're good for collectors.